VMWARE Virtualization Administrator is needed at Africa’s Largest Mutual Assurance Society Company to work within their ICT Infrastructure Department.
- 4 Years’ experience supporting complex networks with Microsoft servers, Cisco firewalls, VMware servers and software, DNS services, spam filters, and VPN management
- 5 Years’ experience supporting HP-UX servers
- 3 Years’ experience in managing Microsoft-centric web deployments with clustering technologies
- 4 Years’ experience supporting enterprise class applications in production environments certificates, licenses, registrations
- Proven track record of implementing highly complex server environments.
- Basic knowledge of SCM (software configuration management) products such as Subversion or CVS
- Heavy experience working in a virtualized environment (VMware) is required
- Working knowledge of web services, web application development, MS SQL
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of this position
- Experience of managing multiple MS servers 2003/2008
- Experience of managing multiple Adabas/Natural databases
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external HP HP-UX systems and VMware database security.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Degree in Information Technology or 3 Year National Diploma or equivalent professional qualifications
- ITIL Certification
- MCSE certification is desirable
Reference Number for this position is LV36986-2016 which is a permanent position based in Pretoria offering a salary negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on email@example.com or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”