A LEADING FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS AND INSURANCE HOUSE requires the expertise of an exceptional BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER. This is a dynamic role where you will be an integral member of a large team building an end-to-end business intelligence solution. Key responsibilities include: transforming data into actionable insight using the Microsoft SQL (2008 R2, 2012) stack of Business Intelligence products! Being a person is getting too complicated, it’s time to be a UNICORN!!
- BSc Degree or similar
- Must have strong technical skills in the Microsoft BI Stack (6+ years’ SSIS and T-SQL experience)
- +3 years experiencing working on Microsoft BI platform (SQL Server 2008,2012)
- +3 Years Ralph Kimball experience designing and implementing dimensional modelling and Data warehouses.
- Experience with relational databases i.e. SQL Server; Oracle
- Working Knowledge and Experience using SSIS or similar ETL tool a must
- +3 years’ working experience and knowledge of data warehouse development (development and maintenance of large scale databases)
- Qlikview, SSRS, SSAS 2008 (Multi-dimensional and Tabular) advantageous
- Experience in using and writing complex MDX and DAX statements advantageous
- MS PowerBI stack advantageous (PowerPivot, PowerView and PowerQuery experience)
- Knowledge of Data Stage, Cognos
- The BI Developer will be responsible for working with analysts, managers, and executives to understand business needs and working with source owners to understand the data sources.
- The ideal candidate will have an innate curiosity and some analytical capability with a passion for learning.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of effective cross-functional business intelligence systems and processes.
- This will be a collaborative role that will be responsible for delivering everything in the BI solution from the data models to the semantic models and possibly the reports themselves.
- Translate business and technical requirements into efficient sustainable BI solutions
- Should be able to design and develop end to end BI Solutions
- Do QA on BI designs and development and completed projects as required
If you are PASSIONATE ABOUT BI AND DATA INTEGRATION; a Committed, self-driven & highly motivated individual then APPLY TODAY!!
The reference number for this position is ND39348–2017. This is a PERMANENT position based in Johannesburg CBD, offering a salary Negotiable Up to R580K CTC per annum.
e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical skilled candidates. Email NicoleD on email@example.com. Alternatively call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”