A Sandton based BLUE CHIP that leverage technology to ensure they remain ahead of the competitions requires a Senior Java Developer.
They are looking for individuals who have strong database and web services experience. It is a pure backend role therefore the individual will need exposure to SOAP/REST services. They work a lot on Linux consoles and there’s a lot of work that is done on Oracle and big data. The role has a strong focus on Spring as well, therefore, the individual will need to know the framework in depth as well as transaction management exposure. The team that this role falls under is a diverse team that works under great pressure but is fun and vibrant as well.
- A minimum of 6 or more years Java systems development experience with exposure to core technical skills and technologies listed
- Java EE knowledge and experience
- Language – Java 6,7 & 8 /J2EE Pattern knowledge
- Databases – Oracle, PL/SQL
- Frameworks – Spring Framework, Hibernate, JPA, ElasticSearch
- Test Tools – TDD, JUnit, Mockito,
- Code repository – GIT, BITBUCKET
- Front-end framework – NodeJs, Angular
- Application Servers – Weblogic, JBoss Application Server
- Build tools/Dependency – Maven, Ant
- Web Services – REST and SOAP
- Automated testing Framework – Jmeter
Nice to have:
- Experience with tibco EMS queues
- Linux command line
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- DevOps/CI tools (Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.)
- Monitoring/reporting tools (Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Design, code, test, debug and correct program modules in development for the back end service providers
- Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards and procedures
- Work with the system architect to define the system design and then develop and test the necessary code that will be deployed
- BSc Computer Sciences/ Information Systems or equivalent IT tertiary qualification
- Formal Java Qualification (Advantageous)
Reference Number for this position is GZ42552-2018 which is a permanent position based in Sandton offering a cost to company salary of R960K pa negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on garthz @ e-merge .co .za or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!