Through innovation and Technology this Durban based giant has become one of Africa’s Powerhouses. They are looking for a Team lead Data Scientist with your skills set and experience to carry them to infinity and Beyond!
If working for a company that is employee-Centric and put its people first speaks to your career aspirations, what are you waiting for?
Requirements and Skills
- SAS, R, Python and SQL scripts
- Strong R AND / Python coding skills
- Experience with Azure Machine learning Studio or AWS equivalent
- Working knowledge of BIG data tech eg Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive etc
- 2 to 3 years Analytical experience (statistics, econometrics, operations research)
- Proven Experience in data Science/advanced analytics with commerce (Financial services and Telecommunications experience are an advantage)
- Master’s degree in quantitative discipline or 5 years analytical experience
- Data management experience including traditional ETL Knowledge, data quality, data governance
- Strong SQL skills and SSIS
- Experience using statistical and machine learning techniques, regression, clustering, sampling, neutral network analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to develop cutting edge solutions;
- Excellent communication skills;
Duties and Responsibilities
- This senior position will be responsible for the execution and delivery of data science engagements as well as overseeing the mapping of data movement, data sources, data aggregation, interfaces and analytics with the goal of ensuring data quality within the organisation.
- This is a senior technical role and as such is hands-on rather than a purely managerial role.
- Owning and delivering the data science engagements
- Investigation, design and implementation of improvements to existing and new statistical models
- machine learning algorithms across all areas of the business.
- General mentorship to the data science team members, including but not exhaustive to:
- Guidance on statistical principles and approaches when building statistical or empirical models
- Advanced knowledge and proven application of machine learning / statistics to add value to
- Including but not limited to: Clustering, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Boosted
- Decision Trees, GLM’s, GAM’s, KNN, Spatial Modelling, Time Series Modelling.
- Adopting and championing the CRISPDM framework to model building and deployment
- Sound boarding approaches to possible improvements and new products
- Technical optimization of existing SAS, R, Python and SQL scripts
- Ad hoc queries relating to models & products
- Documenting and general maintenance of models & products
- Champion advanced data analytics with other senior stakeholders across the business
- Create and deliver value to the greater team and company
- Maintain and manage relationships with external data consultants and vendors
Reference Number for this position is SM47143 which is a permanent position based in Durban offering a salary of up to R720K per annum cost to company, Contact Sifiso at Sifisom@e-merge.co.za
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!