Great opportunity for technically savvy individuals. Systems Analysts are required to join a leading insurance team within the banking sector. Software development experience is required in order for you to carry out the required duties as a Systems Analyst in this environment.
- Bachelor of Commerce: Information Technology, Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- 5+ years Software Development experience of which at least 2 years design experience.
- Preferred languages and tools – Teleforms / Mapper / Net c# / Web Services
- In addition, the candidate must have great problem solving and delivery orientated skills; and must be a self-starter.
- Technical knowledge in Insurance systems will be advantageous
- Systems Development (Analysis, Documentation, Execution, Testing and Migration): Demonstrate an understanding of information systems analysis; Apply information gathering techniques for computer system development; Analyse business requirements using structured system analysis techniques (UML / OO); Design (requirements) documentation for a computer application; Demonstrate an understanding of computer software development; Strong experience in system configuration and development; Apply the principles of designing and conducting tests for a computer application; Apply the principles of reviewing and supporting an implemented computer application; Reviews design to check that all user requirements are met. Candidate must have a firm understanding of different database models and technologies. Also need to understand T-SQL queries, analyse these and implement performance enhancements
- Insurance Systems Capability Improvement: Execute investigations into improving the Insurance’s system capabilities (policy admin and claims).
- User Engagement: Build client relationships; Assist business in achieving their business goals through projects, support and maintenance; Managing the production environment to ensure a stable environment to the business.
- Communication: Listen to gain information in an interactive situation; Present ideas and information orally to a specific audience; Present & defend an argument orally; Participate in formal meetings; Analyse feedback contexts and apply constructive feedback techniques; Listen and respond to information received; Conduct formal meetings
Reference Number for this position is MH42404 which is a permanent role based in the JHB CBD, Gauteng offering a salary of up to R700k per annum based on experience and level. Contact michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!