An exciting, fast-growing and established cloud IT business based in the Western Cape is looking for a Software Dev Manager who will be responsible to manage, shape and motivate a number of Agile Teams. As such, you will be involved in “mentor and coach agile principles” work with teams and individuals, to ensure smooth operation and maintain an optimal working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership to various multifunctional product development teams
- Conduct regular performance appraisals with the team and assist in setting targets/objectives
- Recognise good performance, identify and manage underperformance and represent development teams at senior management level
- Ensure development team is performing at its optimum level by creating and developing a culture of teamwork and collaboration within the team
- Regularly report team utilisation, velocity of development teams and identify longer-term resource needs
- Assist the Head of Software Development to create and implement processes & workflows to support the smooth operation of the development teams
- Alongside the Head of Software Development develop project plans and objectives for the team
- Identify project risks, manage project schedule, project budget and solve any project conflicts
- Manage Team Leads to enable delegation and resource control within the project lifecycle from inception to completion
- Keep your team continuously motivated and engaged with the project
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications required:
- At least 5 years leading or managing an agile team with demonstrable skills of project delivery.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Experience with Project Management is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge on how to manage and motivate employees; execution of Performance Management reviews
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- A self-starter – able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination
- Highly motivated and a fast learner who can adapt to change
- Good organisational and time management skills
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Reference Number for this position is LV40018-2017 which is a permanent position based in Western Cape (Somerset West) offering a salary is negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on email@example.com or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”