Meaningful work for a meaningful business
What does a meaningful mean? It means interesting tech that has an impact within the business you are working with.
It means large, complex projects.
It means actual involvement in solving problems, rather than being a mindless labourer.
In many businesses of this type, you have kept away from the business, fed as much sugar & caffeine they can fit into you & then sent home (when you do eventually get to go home) in a meaningless buzz that usually just turns out to be the “wings”.
Here, you’ll find yourself looking at why you are doing things. What impact will your code have? What good will your platforms do in the business you are working with?
There’s no value in low-grade maintenance work, simply for the money of it. There’s no value in boring your people to the point where you would rather eat your own vomit with a spoon.
The sense of identity. Collaborative interrogation & challenge. Tech, real-world impact. These are real words in this business.
Of course, there’s always something they’ll want from your side:
- You are a professional Developer. You are a little more than “just” competent in the code you produce
- You want more. You dig code but you don’t want to spend your life purely staring at Visual Studio
- You’re curious. Like to challenge concepts & like working with people who take the time to have a beer & work through concepts with you
- You’ve done your fair share of Udemy, Coursera, MVA courses.
The tech is simple:
- You’ve completed something academically – They’ll take your BSc Degree BUT they’ll also credit your self-study
- You’re a student of OOP
- You will code in C#
- You can handle some SQL
They’ll like you even more if you’ve worked on:
- Web services
- Integration or
- Messaging type tech
Permanent, Remote – JHB – Neg rates It’s easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre-vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP37727 which a permanent position based in Johannesburg is offering a salary negotiable on experience.
Check out our website www.e-merge.co.za for more positions that might be right for you!