You’re the person who likes to be under the hood in the engine of the Database. You’re not terribly interested in the flashy stuff, you’re all about the heavy lifting in the guts of a platform.
This lot are good; they’re successful; fearless in pursuing tech & prone to heading off in interesting technical directions like data analytics, big data, bots.
On this project you will find a huge data warehouse, pulling high volume data into the business. This one will be Oracle based although I expect you to find yourself working on Oracle, SQL Server & entering into the NoSQL world over time.
There are a few things that can help you in this gig:
- A natural affinity for mathematics will help you over time
- You’ll have spent more than a couple of years working in the RDBMS space
- Your core strengths could be either Oracle or SQL Server
- You will need SSIS / ETL skills
- You will need to have at least touched Python at home (lightweight but you will need some knowledge)
- Of course, strong T-SQL or PL/SQL skills are going to be a necessity
- Going deeper – you will need to have worn a DBA hat at some point. You will be involved at that level on project
- Any knowledge of Data Sciences or even better Data Engineering would get you the big gun projects faster (Python / R especially)
Other stacks that would get you a broader project view quicker include: (none of these are essential)
- JSON or REST skills
- Any .Net code experience
- Java or WebSphere
- Tableau or PowerBI
Pop me your CV at email@example.com
The reference number for this position is JP45267 which is a Permanent role based in Sandton JHB; offering a salary of R840k PA negotiable on experience.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right candidates with the right companies, in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!