A SENIOR SECURITY AND NETWORK SPECIALIST is needed at Africa’s Largest Mutual Assurance Society Company to join their ICT Infrastructure Department.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Good understanding of IT service delivery requirements
- Financial services environment experience would be beneficial
- Advanced knowledge on various VAPT tools
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the security components (such as IPS/IDS, firewall), networking equipment (such as routers, switches), server hardware and different technologies such as cloud computing, virtualization
- In-depth knowledge of different Operating systems (such as HP/UX, Microsoft, Linux)
- IT Risk Management knowledge and understanding
- Experienced in consulting, implementation and maintenance of IT security solutions and controls such as Firewalls, Anti-Virus System, Security Management Systems, IDS / IPS and other similar solutions
- IT networking and networking management experience
- Experience in proactive network monitoring and management
- IT security consulting experience or worked in industry with the primary responsibility of managing IT security functions
- Knowledge of various IT security tools, scripts, programs to carry out penetration tests and risk assessments.
- Good understanding of business processes / applications of various industries.
- Good understanding of IT Governance and its alignment to the business strategy.
- Experienced in business architecture and roadmaps.
- Significant experience with IT management and governance frameworks (SOX, King III, PoPI, etc.)
- Proficiency with the use of risk and control frameworks, and process improvement models (e.g. Risk IT, ISO 31000, COBIT, COSO, ISO 27001, ISO 27002 and CMM) preferred
- Possess well rounded knowledge of information risk management and frameworks
- Must have an understanding of applicable regulations (locally & internationally)
- Must be current on COBIT and ITIL frameworks and principles
- Must have solid analysis skills and the ability to evaluate legislation applicability and IM compliance requirements
- Must have project management skills and the ability to analyse pending assignments to establish priorities and/or multi task
- Exceptional skills in client relationship management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience required
- Various security certifications
- Various network certifications
Reference Number for this position is LV36987-2016 which is a permanent position based in Pretoria offering a salary negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”