A major online ticketing house requires the skills for a Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer / Team Lead The work involves NEW GREENFIELDS development through rewriting the current system! This is your chance to embark on creating exclusive high quality applications and products. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in database design, PL/SQL development, a good working knowledge of end-user and server-side data processing techniques, a good understanding of SDLC. READ ON >>
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of hands on experience working with database technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle database, PL SQL, SQL, SQL Loader, Database Performance Tuning, Data Modelling
- Oracle 11g experience a must
- Must have work experience working in Unix/Linux environment.
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand SDLC process and tools, agile program management concepts and version control.
- Focusing on obtaining a comprehensive understanding of the business while mastering the associated data models for expansion and working with highly complex PL/SQL procedures.
- Utilize advanced Oracle features and techniques where appropriate to develop robust, reliable and high-performance solutions
- Managing the Database architecture in a complex model environment.
- Design and develop solutions for interfacing with external systems using PL/SQL procedures.
- Mentor and coordinate code modules to the various developers.
- Troubleshooting issues and problems.
- Participating in Design and Architecture of new systems.
- Documentation of systems developed.
- Unit Testing own code.
This is a hands-on position in a fun creative environment; the candidate would lead a small technical team and thus personality and drive is key… we are looking for a passionate and strong developer, not just a coder.
The reference for this job is ND38548. This is a Permanent position based in Randburg offering a salary of R800K to R900K per annum, cost to company – negotiable on current salary.
e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical skilled candidates. Email Nicole D on email@example.com. Alternatively call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”