SA’s biggest Broadcast Technology House is looking for a dynamic and deadline driven Mobile Applications Engineer – you will have the opportunity to work with a number of diverse technologies; be at the forefront of innovation; and help ensure the highest quality product delivery.
You will be required to create and maintain mobile apps that are compelling and also which enables our users to consume our world class content through latest available mobile technologies. Support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching.
They are looking for team members who think big, move fast, work smart, and have a desire to do things better. APPLY NOW and Start your New Year with a Bang!!!
Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
- 6 years’ experience with Mobile Applications development
- Exceptional knowledge of Objective C, Swift (iOS), Java (Android), JSON, SOAP and REST Web Services
- Knowledge of MVC architecture
- Knowledge of Reactive Programming (ReactiveX or Rx) would be a great advantage
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Apple App Store or the Android Play Store
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies
- SCRUM experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience in development practices like test-driven development, continuous integration and -deployment
- Knowledge of Java for Android (applicable to iOS developers) and Swift (applicable to Android developers) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Java back-end development advantageous
- Experience in taking lead within the team and other team members should come to you for guidance
- Review designs created by designers; ask any necessary clarifying questions before starting on work
- Write code to implement those visual elements into various mobile applications
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging apps for review and feedback
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
Reference Number for this position is GZ42105-2018 which is a permanent position based in Cresta offering a cost to company salary of R800K pa negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on garthz @ e-merge .co .za or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!