For this particular role we are looking for someone who has worked on Java, Spring Boot for the back-end and Angular 5 Framework for the front-end. You would need to have the relevant exposure in core systems development and experience in business rules management frameworks. The team is a newly established team and is still growing, therefore, the person needs to be able to learn quickly when facing new situations.
You will be required to work together with relevant stakeholders and managers to understand the overall business need and the requirements design the system solution using various approaches and technologies, implement the designed solution in the system with high-quality source codes. Support the projects throughout the project life-cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, release and post-release support
This is a role for someone who has the right attitude in a sense that they are energized by challenges and approaches them as opportunities not as barriers and someone who finds sustainable solutions to difficult or complex issues.
- A minimum of 6 or more years Java systems development experience with exposure to core technical skills and technologies listed
- Java EE knowledge and experience
- Experience with SOAP and REST services
- Unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Source control, experience with GIT
- Experience with industry standard Application Servers (preferably WebLogic)
- Knowledge of OO design principles and development patterns
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns
- Broad understanding of how to put together an EE-based business solution from scratch
- Excellent understanding of Object Orientated principals and Java language fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Software development within SDLC, Unit Testing, Data modelling and design of database structures
- Agile Methodology
- DevOps/Continuous integration
- Exposure to the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket)
- Angular Framework (Angular 5)
- Spring Boot/Framework
- ORM/Hibernate/JPA experience
- JMS, Tibco EMS experience
- Oracle and PL/SQL knowledge
- SOAP and REST (XML/JSON)
- Experience with Business Rules Management Frameworks
- Experience using formal modelling languages (UML, etc) and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, Visual Paradigm etc.)
- Exposure to Agile principles and methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development
- BSc Computer Sciences/ Information Systems or equivalent IT tertiary qualification
- Formal Java Qualification (Advantageous)
Reference Number for this position is GZ42550 which is a permanent position based in Sandton offering a cost to company salary of R720K pa negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on email@example.com or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!