Arguably the largest technology firm within Africa; a major international Blue Chip with an intense focus on technology delivery is looking for Senior Java C# Developer to join a group of Digital Gurus. You will play a lead role in the development, maintenance and support of technical solutions in the online, media and video on demand space. If you’re a Senior Java Developer with a passion for technology, innovation and pushing the boundaries, the business has the perfect opportunity for you. It’s a senior development and team lead position that requires you to drive the development, maintenance and support of various middle tier and back end implementations. You’ll need to have sound knowledge and capabilities within middleware and back end development, have a strong background in web and front end technologies, have a desire to learn and be keen to experiment. Think you’ve got what it takes?
- University Degree in Computer Studies or suitable equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in application, middleware and Internet development
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, JSON, XML, XSL
- Solid SOA, BPM, ESB, and rules experience
- Solid experience with frameworks such as Spring
- Open Source fanatic
- Tomcat, Apache
- CI / CD knowledge. Experience with the likes of Jenkins, Selenium, Maven, JBehave, Puppet
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies, SCRUM experience would be advantageous
- RDBMS experience (MySQL, MSSQL)
- NoSQL knowledge would be a definite advantage (MongoDB, Neo4J)
- Mobile / Tablet development experience would be a plus (Android, iOS)
- Design and prototype interactive applications based on business requirements
- Design and maintain technical system requirements based on business needs
- Develop interactive applications based on approved specifications and prototypes
- Develop, test, debug and maintain application code
- Develop, update and maintain technical documentation
- Integrate existing as well as new applications onto Online, Mobile, Broadband & Broadcast platforms
Reference Number for this position is GZ39781-2017 which is a permanent position based in Randburg offering a cost to company salary of R800K pa negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”