We are currently in search of a Senior Java Developer for a Leading Financial Service Provider based in Johannesburg. You will be working with some of the most talented resources in the industry, and involved in creating exclusive high-quality applications. GREEN FIELDS work from the ground up! Programming skills required: Strong OO & Java, solid knowledge and practical experience of RDBMS, solid skills with MongoDB, Hibernate, AngularJS and extensive Knowledge of Database technologies. If you are a Java Rock Star and have experience in creating solid solutions then this is the role for YOU!
- Relevant B-Tech or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5 – 8 years of Java development working experience
- In depth working knowledge of Java language features
- Mongo DB experience - preferable (beneficial with certification)
- Solid understanding of Object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and the ability to recognize and apply them (e.g. GOF patterns)
- Solid knowledge and practical experience of at least one RDBMS, including basic DBA functions
- Excellent knowledge of at least one client-side technology. Needs to have solid understanding of the technology specific patterns
- Needs to have a high level understanding of the common frameworks in the Java technology stack
- Establishing automated testing patterns within a project i.e. Unit Testing, integration testing and performance testing
- Analyzing and solving complex problems in familiar and unfamiliar technology spaces
- Establishing appropriate solution patterns to be followed by the technical team
- Detailed implementation of frameworks within the Java stack
- Implementing technology specific patterns
- No SQL DB experience - preferable
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior developer
- Working in an Agile environment
Reference Number for this position is GZ38902-2017 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a cost to company salary of R800k PA negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”