Senior InfoSec – Information Security Consultant – Sandton – Neg salary for a veteran
Big spending FSP looking for InfoSec specialists to grow its’ core Security team.
This is a growth role. Tech projects are kicking off across the enterprise but of course being a consumer-facing business, Security is paramount.
You will be an internal consultant, you will guide, advise and design across the enterprise NOT just in one division. You will see a broad range of work ranging from strategic design to hands-on delivery at times. Your role will not tend towards high-pressure production but play a greater hand in guiding the execution teams in where they need to be.
Projects could/would include everything from crypto & blockchain to cloud to mobile. Engineering mentalities tend to be agile with a growing movement to DevOps.
Benefits to you: a cool package including medical, pension, lots of leave (this unit is a strong one & the business wants you taking your leave to refresh), good bonuses. Few limits in your work, you will see the whole enterprise, you will work without domain or business unit limitations & you will join a growing group of people evolving one of the biggest enterprises in SA.
What do you need to get an interview?
- You’ve worked as an Information Security specialist focusing on technology for the last few years
- You’re a “tech nerd”, junkie, perhaps you see yourself as a “white hacker” / “ethical hacker”.
- You get excited about things like – security compliance, encryption, security hardening etc
- Ultimately you want to prevent threats to both your employer as well as the consumer who’s banks accounts could be at risk
- You are a senior person. You have a few scars & you’ve paid your school fees
What do we need to see on your CV?
- CISSP or SANS or GSEC or SSCP or Ethical Hacker or CASP or OSCP, you’ve taken your InfoSec knowledge further
- Degree or similar advanced study. Comp Sci or Maths or Informatics or Physics etc.
- Cloud or DevOps or Crypto or Mobile experience
- Broad domain knowledge – you haven’t only worked on one project for 10 years
Money is variable, we have a comfort zone at R1m per annum excluding bonuses. This means that I can swing in the region of R850K
It’s easiest to pop me a mail on email@example.com if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre-vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP41792 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a salary negotiable on experience.