A Cape Town based Financial Institution that leverage technology to ensure they remain ahead of the competitions requires a Senior DevOps Engineer for a 12 month Contract.
Easy commute from most of the northern suburbs – Century City, Salt River through Milnerton. I imagine it’s great for you if you don’t want to drive from Table View into the City. I would also suggest that if you are sitting in the Woodstock/Foreshore side of town, the commute would all be against traffic.
Come build, evolve and operate rapidly changing resilient systems at scale. Sound kinda cool?
What happens if I tell you that we are working with not only 1 of the biggest projects in SA but also one of the fearless crews who are pushing boundaries across the board.
Would it interest you if I disclosed that this is a crew who fall under one of the big corporate brands but that you will join a dev shop within the corporate who have largely been responsible for pushing back the threat of Fintechs to this financial?
You’ve got all the power of a big name brand mixed with most of the fearlessness, dynamism & pace of a stereotypical Fintech crew.
Obviously (you can tell from the breadth of the rates on offer) we’ve got an expanding team offering seats to several people. There is room for people approaching the senior Devops level as well as at least 1 seat for you if you are a serious influential, veteran / lead / architect equivalent within the Devops realm.
You’ll need a couple of chickens to get into this farm including:
- They’re involved in some hectic work, so you’ll need to be either an SME or very close to SME in the Devops world.
- Lean & Agile is your bread & butter.
- Continuous delivery – automated builds, versioning, test automation. Generally good knowledge of CI / CD pipelines.
- Planning in Jira or TFS or open source types like Slack.
- Build experience covering one of TFS, Team City, Maven, Bamboo and/or Jenkins.
- Release experience covering one of Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Octopus, Cloud formation or Terraform.
- Kibana or ELK Stack or New Relic or Splunk.
- Any experience working on infrastructure like AWS or Azure or GCP or tooling like Mongo or SQL Server would be useful.
Contracts will start at 12 months. We expect you to be onsite for anything between the next 3 to 5 years. Send me through a copy of your CV to email@example.com I’ll give you the lowdown.