ONE of Africa’s largest Entertainment business’s require a Senior Data Scientist with advanced technical skills. The opportunity will allow to identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic & operational insights to business. Identify new analytic trends/ data needs and repeatable analytic solutions.
This is an environment focusing on technology as a means to deliver core services; they are invested and believe in technology as the answer to business problems and therefore your role becomes a vital part of that cycle.
It’s time to enhance your career and join a company that encourages free and innovative thinking in terms of development modules, and work spans across platforms / technologies… The amount of exciting work that’s lined up is unbelievable! Apply Now!
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant data experience and experience building segmentation and propensity models
• Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, forecasting and business strategy skills
• Able to build the necessary algorithms to ask the right questions and find the right answers
• Able to communicate their findings, orally and visually
• Have an understanding of how the products are developed and the ethical responsibilities associated with big data and customer privacy implications
• Able to program in different programming languages e.g. Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL.
• Have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce etc.
• Experience with Machine Learning and AI is an added advantage
• Proficiency working with visualisation tools e.g. R Shiny, Tableau etc.
• Oversee the delivery of accurate and data
• Ensure effective data management approach that ensures accuracy of data
• Build effective corrective action mechanism on the analysed data and reports provided
• Follow the appropriate processes to ensure quick & correct action is taken in query resolution
• Anticipate and identify new analytic trends/ data needs and repeatable analytic solutions
• Identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic & operational insights to business
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
Reference Number for this position is GZ42233A-2019 which is a permanent position based in Randburg offering a cost to company salary of R1,2 Mil pa negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on email@example.com or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!