A great role has become available at one of the country’s top insurance houses. A Senior Scrum Master is required to join a dynamic team and take the business forward from a scaled agile framework perspective.
- 4-5 years of pure Scrum experience
- Experience following the scaled agile framework
- Solid agile coaching experience
- Understanding of software development project management, particularly for application development
- Computer literate, including competency with Jira
- Experienced working with different frameworks within Agile, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- Solid understanding of Lean and Lean principles and the ability to propagate this into the teams and the organization
- Familiarity with common online and e-commerce concepts, tools and technologies
- Basic understanding of software engineering best practices, and basic architecture concepts like service orientated architecture and object orientated Analysis And Design
- Interest in future technologies and trends
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals
- Monitor and improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Help the team focus on daily and sprint goals in the context of Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Facilitates meetings – all team meetings, including Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Review, and Retrospective.
- Supports the Product Owner – helps the Product Owner in their efforts to creating and managing the backlog
- Eliminates impediments
- Help foster a culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
- Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Helps the team manage team conflict
- Helps coordinate inter-team dependencies through coordination with other teams – The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting.
- Helps the team understand how to estimate Stories, Features and Capabilities.
Reference Number for this position is MH42416 which is a permanent position based in Centurion, Gauteng offering a permanent salary of R1mill per annum based on experience and level. Contact Michelle on email@example.com or call her on 011 463 3633
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!