Do you have a passion for data? Our client is a Google Cloud Premier Partner that specialises in Data Analytics & Infrastructure with an expert track record in data transformation, data and cloud migration and machine learning. The people that work here care about people and not robots. Night owls are welcome as you get flexi time and leave. No dungeons or cubicles but an inviting modern workspace. Leave your instant coffee at home and battle it out in office gaming smash tournaments.
We believe you care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
- Degree in IT.
- Experience in Data Engineering.
- Solid Hadoop Ecosystem experience.
- Data pipeline knowledge.
- Hadoop 3 or Hive 3.
- Hands on experience using HiveQL.
Expectations in this role:
- Be able to write high performance reliable and maintainable modular code.
- Responsible for supporting, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining multiple Hadoop clusters.
- Understanding Integration features:
- Apache Atlas, Apache Ranger, Apache Zeppelin
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable modular code.
- Data pipelining - data extraction and transformation.
- Hadoop development and implementation.
- Work as part of a team, with vastly differing skill sets and opinions.
- Ability to liaise with a client, sifting through the fluff and extracting the actual requirements.
- MapReduce and related data processing paradigms.
Reference Number for this position is KB49033 which is a permanent position based in JBH North offering a cost to company salary of R800k to R1.2mill based on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on KavishaB@e-merge.co.za
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!