I like the sounds of this. Mostly I like the executive you’d be working for, he’s a good chap who has built large scale product for many years & knows how to balance high performance cultures with high developer health concepts.
This is cutting edge, high performance software development work but with an eye for sustainability both in developer growth but also code health.
He has his leaders; he brought them with him when he joined. What he wants from you is to be a sponge. You will code, you will learn & he’ll promote you; it’s a simple idea but one that the really good gigs get right.
What he will ask you for is simple:
- He wants you to jump in with both feet. He wants you to exploit the strong knowledge base in the business. Exploit the training opportunities. The expectation on what good people can achieve with them is high
- You need experience as a developer already. At the rates quoted about, you’ve probably been coding for somewhere between 3 and about 6 years
- You know C# - it’s your tool of choice
- You will need to have at least touched Restful services before
He’s going to ask you about a couple of things in interview:
- He will ask you about your personal code. He doesn’t expect you to spend every minute of your life coding but he will want to see an interest beyond just work
- He’s going to ask you about elements of the work you’ve done before that makes you proud. Things that you feel you’ve achieved
- He’s going to look for EQ, personal accountability & a certain level of self-respect
This one is not going to last long. Pop me a mail – email@example.com or message me on LinkedIn jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy, I’m very comfortable having a confidential chat but giving you full disclosure, otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn on 011 463 3633, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP44151 which is a Permanent position based in Midrand offering a salary negotiable on experience.
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”