Some very cool work has come in at a pioneering bank. They require the skills of a Quantitative Analyst to join their Group Risk Retail team. This role requires regulatory and/or impairment modelling experience. They need out of the box thinkers as well as candidates who have achieved very good maths marks during their studies. Great benefits on offer: 25 days annual leave, preferential lending rates on loans and performance-based bonuses.
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Analytics
- 4+ years’ work experience in risk modelling or validation environment.
- Strong SAS and SQL skills
- Outside of the box thinking ability
- Regulatory and/or impairment modelling experience
- Validation of credit risk models and processes - Quantitative and qualitative validation of credit risk models and data, together with the application thereof.
- Subject matter expert - Provide input/assistance in the build and refinement of credit risk models within the business clusters.
- Enhancements to existing models - Independent development of models to assess potential for improvement on existing ones.
- Continuous learning - Keeping abreast with emerging regulatory requirements and modelling techniques in order to fulfill the role as a subject matter expert. Conduct research into model development and validation best practice. Independently develop alternate PD, LGD, EAD models to that currently in use.
- Liaising with the stakeholders - Liaising with the business, credit, and senior modellers to ensure that the validation process and feedback are optimized. Preparing and presenting reports to senior management.
- Change facilitation - Facilitate improvement in credit risk models and processes.
- Organisational learning - Knowledge sharing, research and mentoring of junior staff members and graduates, including skill transfer.
- Documentation - Document work performed and findings of validations. Prepare balanced and objective written communications to various stakeholders, including SARB, the external auditors of the bank and the Board.
- Ad-hoc - Assisting management with various ad‐hoc tasks, reports, specific deep dives, SARB communication and analysis.
Reference Number for this position is MH41223 which is a permanent role based in Sandton offering up to R850k per annum based on experience, skill set and current level. Contact michelle on email@example.com, at www . e-merge.co.za or call her on 011 4663 363.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!