ONE of Africa’s LEADING entertainment businesses based in Randburg requires a Principal level Data Scientist with advanced technical skills. Your role in short will be to identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic & operational insights to the business. Identify new analytic trends/ data needs and repeatable analytic solutions.
This is an environment focusing on technology as a means to deliver core services; they are invested and believe in technology as the answer to business problems and therefore your role becomes a vital part of that cycle.
It’s time to enhance your career and join a company that encourages free and innovative thinking in terms of development modules, and work spans across platforms/technologies… The amount of exciting work that’s lined up is unbelievable! Apply Now!
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant data experience and experience building segmentation and propensity models
Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, forecasting and business strategy skills
- Able to build the necessary algorithms to ask the right questions and find the right answers
- Able to communicate their findings, orally and visually
- Have an understanding of how the products are developed and the ethical responsibilities associated with big data and customer privacy implications
- Able to program in different programming languages e.g. Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL.
- Have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce etc.
Experience with Machine Learning and AI is an added advantage
- Proficiency working with visualisation tools e.g. R Shiny, Tableau etc.
- Oversee the delivery of accurate and data
- Ensure effective data management approach that ensures accuracy of data
- Build an effective corrective action mechanism on the analysed data and reports provided
- Follow the appropriate processes to ensure quick & correct action is taken in query resolution
- Anticipate and identify new analytic trends/ data needs and repeatable analytic solutions
- Identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic & operational insights to business
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
Reference Number for this position is GZ42233 which is a permanent position based in Randburg offering a cost to company salary of R1,4 Mil pa negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on email@example.com or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!