One of Johannesburg’s chief insurance houses requires highly skilled Oracle technical analysts and developers to design, develop and construct robust solutions based primarily on the Oracle technology stack. This involves working with business analysts to understand business and functional requirements and deliver accordingly.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Oracle certifications or similar
- 3+ Years’ experience in systems design and development
- 3+ years’ experience with Oracle technologies using PL/SQL, forms and reports
- Strong SQL skills essential (Oracle experience preferred); ETL tool (Informatica) and Java knowledge good to have
- Experience working in an agile work environment is a plus
- Design and develop packages, procedures, functions, triggers and other database (Oracle /SQL Server) objects
- Design and develop Oracle forms and reports
- Design and develop Unix or Linux shell scripts
- Design and develop C or Pro*C programs
- Participate and conduct design and code reviews
- Design workflows for automation via job scheduler
- Troubleshoot code-related production problems; help identify root causes and complete fixes
You deserve a better job! Join some of Johannesburg’s best and reap the rewards of excellent company benefits well doing cutting edge code!
Reference number to this position is ND41180. This is a permanent opportunity offering a salary from R500K to R700K per annum, cost to company; plus cool company benefits and learning from some the best Oracles minds in the country.
The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals.
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.