Quantitative Analysts are required to join a leading banking business. Strong mathematical and statistical skills are required to detect market changes. The role would require you to retrieve and manipulate quantitative data into an understandable format. Conduct extensive data mining and analysis to influence creative business solutions. Analyze and optimise processes, inform strategic decisions, monitoring implementation of business decisions, recommend enhancements through statistical modeling and data analysis and more.
Main responsibilities for this role will include, but not limited to:
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness
- Retrieve and manipulate quantitative data into understandable format through extensive data mining and analysis to influence creative business solutions and provide reporting
- Responsible for model building and interpreting models in order to minimise risk and / or maximise revenue
- Monthly monitoring of performance of scorecards and models
- Research into best practices regarding the development, maintenance and use of statistical and behavioural scorecards
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies.
- BSc Maths, Statistics, Actuarial Science or Engineering with above average results achieved (70% + overall average)
- High proficiency in SAS (or SQL) coding and data manipulation
- High proficiency in Excel (VBA not necessary but advantageous)
- Ability to build new models as well as make improvements to existing processes
- Credit risk environment experience
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Reference number for this position is MH41178. This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a market related salary based on experience and skillset, in the region of R700K per annum.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position