Great role in at a top insurance house, specifically their investment division. They require a Technical Automation Tester to come on board and ensure the quality of all solutions is functionally and non-functionally tested, in order to meet the requirements and overall sustainable quality of the business solution.
- Min: Diploma in Information Technology
- Degree in BSC/ IT preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in software automation testing
- Java development experience – advantageous
- Cucumber, Firess
- Qualifications preferred: Testing qualification ISTQB/ISEB.
- Must have very strong knowledge and extensive experience in Excel and SQL
- Must have experience in an Agile work environment.
- Experience in integration testing preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This person is responsible for end-to-end automated and manual testing for business solutions. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, compatibility and integration with another legacy- and / or external systems.
- Assist with the gap analysis between requirements and existing environments accurately.
- Ensure that stories are clearly defined and written correctly with acceptance criteria.
- Define quality standards upfront in the sprint meeting and ensure they are achieved
- Document the test plan, test scenarios, acceptance criteria and the final results.
- Build team automation artefacts.
- Perform and maintain the regression tests.
- Demonstrate deliverables to key stakeholders
- Ensure quality is maintained at an excellent level
- Minimize team defects by ensuring upfront code quality.
- Drive collective ownership for testing.
- Drive test-driven development.
- Provide feedback by reporting on the status of quality using the defined artefacts.
Reference Number for this position is MH42414 which is a permanent position based in Centurion, Gauteng offering a permanent salary up to R500k per annum based on experience and level. Contact Michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!