Currently on the lookout for a Head of Software Development within DBA, Platform and Operations Management for a Leading Financial Services Group based in Johannesburg, where you will be responsible for engaging with business, in order to build in-depth knowledge of their business, products, systems, processes, as well as manage the Platforms team and lead the design of infrastructure and database solutions.
- BSc Computer Science Degree or relevant IT Diploma
- Certified Senior Oracle DBA / OCA OR OCP
- ITIL Service Management Framework Certification
- 7 year’s Team management and 5 years’ Database / Platform Management
- 3 years’ experience in IT Operations Management
- Data Management experience
- Experience with Oracle Database Technology and PL/SQL as well as ETL Development
- Experience working in the Financial Industry and software development
- Provide leadership and form vision and strategy by driving the collective thinking of the team, and influence the broader team strategy, prioritization, planning and operational model. Build the team and manage the development and growth of staff through the full employee life cycle, creating structure and process, and managing change.
- Establish service agreements with customers, and assume full ownership and accountability of all IT operations involved in successfully planning and executing delivery to customers as agreed.
- Own the Production and pre-production environments, and manage all risk related to the availability, security and protection of all systems hardware and software in these environments, that enable execution and delivery to customers, by overseeing backup, archiving and business continuity processes.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all IT source systems, processes, and data, thereby having the ability to identify and resolve any data, process or system incidents.
- Institute and chair governance bodies and forums, and implement and maintain operational processes and controls, that manage risk, change, release, incidents, access and service.
- Define and implement data governance controls that validate processes and data integrity, thereby ensuring the delivery of quality outputs to customers.
This is a permanent opportunity based in Johannesburg CBD and offering a salary from R900K – R1Mil per annum, dependant on skills and experience. The reference for this role is JE39228 – 2017. Please send your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical skilled candidates. Email Jaydene on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”