A top opportunity has become available within a leading Data Services division of one of the top banks in the country. They require the skills of a Senior Data Scientist to join their high impact, innovative team. This business offers great benefits including: 25 days annual leave, preferential lending rates on loans and performance-based bonuses.
- Experience in Research Methodologies: Scientific Reasoning.
- 7+ years practical experience with SAS, ETL, Data Processing, Database Programming and Data Analytics. SAS is a non-negotiable.
- Extensive background in Data Mining And Statistical Analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation- coupled with 3-4 years of working experience
- Excellent Pattern Recognition And Predictive Modelling skills: 3-4 years of experience:
- Experience with Python, R, NumPy etc
- Understanding and experience of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Good applied Statistics skills, such as distributions, Statistical Testing, Regression etc
- Good Scripting And Programming skills.
- Data Orientated personality.
- Great communication skills
- Some understanding of the Agile methodology, be a self-starter, willing to work flexibly and long hours, results driven and focussed.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis, includes but not limited to the selection of features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning and other techniques;
- Data mining;
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Presentation of results in a clear manner for business:
- Collaborate with product management to understand needs and devise possible solutions- review and analyse existing business requirements:
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers:
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis:
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
Reference Number for this position is MH42197 which is a permanent role based in Sandton, offering up to R1mill per annum based on experience, skillset and current level. Contact michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org, at www . e-merge . co . za or call her on 011 463 3633
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!