An innovative bank is looking for the skills of a Data Scientist to join their top-notch team. This division is responsible for the businesses technology processing, development and system support. They are looking for candidates whose technical strengths lie in Python, R, SAS and ETL. Great benefits on offer: preferential rates on loans, 25 days annual leave.
- Experience in research methodologies: scientific reasoning.
- 4+ years practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics. SAS is a non-negotiable.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation- coupled with 3-4 years of working experience
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills: 3-4 years of experience:
- Experience with Python, R, NumPy etc
- Understanding and experience of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, NoSQL.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- Data orientated personality.
- Great communication skills
- Some understanding of the Agile methodology, be a self-starter, willing to work flexibly and long hours, results driven and focussed
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis, includes but not limited to the selection of features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning and other techniques;
- Data mining;
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Presentation of results in a clear manner for business:
- Collaborate with product management to understand needs and devise possible solutions- review and analyse existing business requirements:
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers:
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis:
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
Reference Number for this position is MH42197 which is a permanent role based in Sandton, offering up to R800k per annum based on experience, skillset and current level. Contact michelle on email@example.com, at www . e-merge . co . za or call her on 011 463 3633
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!