Big 4 bank located in Jhb North seeking Data scientist Specialist to tackle complex, new development work in a cutting-edge tech environment. Be part of a dynamically fluid environment with a salary of up to R1M CTC with awesome perks like car and home loan.
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience in Research Methodologies: Scientific Reasoning.
- 7+ years practical experience with SAS, ETL, Data Processing, Database Programming and Data Analytics. SAS is a non-negotiable.
- Extensive background in Data Mining and Statistical Analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation- coupled with 3-4 years of working experience
- Excellent Pattern Recognition and Predictive Modelling skills: 3-4 years of experience:
- Experience with Python, R, NumPy etc
- Understanding and experience of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as yek-NN, Naïve Bas, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Good applied Statistics skills, such as distributions, Statistical Testing, Regression etc
- Good Scripting and Programming skills.
- Data Orientated personality.
- Great communication skills
- Some understanding of the Agile methodology be a self-starter, willing to work flexibly and long hours, results driven and focussed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis, includes but not limited to the selection of features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning and other techniques;
- Data mining;
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Presentation of results in a clear manner for business:
- Collaborate with product management to understand needs and devise possible solutions- review and analyse existing business requirements:
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers:
Reference Number for this position is JP42197 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a salary of R1mil per annum cost to company. Contact Sifiso at Sifisom@e-merge.co.za or call me on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!