This is a multi-faceted scientific role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative banking environment. This trusted banking partner offers great benefits including: 25 days annual leave, preferential lending rates on loans and performance-based bonuses.
This the best time to build a cognitive career by making meaningful recommendations to industry leaders using cognitive tools to research and analyze data. The patterns you find can give crucial insight into complex issues and kickstart you career.
Click on the apply button and allow us to discover what you can do as a cognitive data scientist.
- Honours Degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial science.
- Strong academic performance results.
- 3-5-years of BI managerial experience in banking or financial services.
- Proficiency in Python, AWS and Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services.
- Defining the key business problems to be solved, formulating the cognitive approach to solve those problems, gathering data to solve those problems, and developing analyzing/drawing conclusions & giving the presentations.
- Architecting new database tables including building the code to extract and load the data elements as well as quality assurance.
- Utilizing data requirements in developing data profiles and data mappings.
- Developing and managing data models in third and fourth normal form.
- Developing algorithms on massive data sets and producing in-depth analysis of models.
- Performing data analytic and implementing mechanisms to improve data quality/investigate/resolve data anomalies and optimizing query performance.
- working with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning techniques for unstructured content.
- Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience in tight collaboration with analytics consultants.
- Stay up to date with advanced research results in the field, open source software, promising start-ups technologies and being able to make quick evaluation of new tools for integration in existing/new solutions.
- Foster new data-driven approaches to generate business insight in order to address unanswered business problems in a proactive way.
- Build-up sustainable relationship with key business and IT stakeholders to become a trusted partner for the field of Cognitive Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Reference Number for this position is KB49083 which is a Permanent position based in City of JBH offering a cost to company salary of R1.1 to R1.2 mil PA negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on KavishaB@e-merge.co.za or contact her on 011 463 3633.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!