A digital financial services house is on the hunt Data Scientist to join a fast paced and data-driven environment; developing advanced models using machine learning, deep learning and statistical methods!
In terms of calibre, we are looking for a strong, creative, detail-oriented, problem-solver; with the technical ability to implement solutions. The Hunt is on!
- 5+ years’ experience in an Analytical, Engineering, Technical environment
- Expert SQL skills required
- Strong programming skills in Python, R
- Hands-on analytical, Feature Creation, Modelling experience
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Deep learning and big data technologies (such as Apache Spark) are a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop advanced models using machine learning, deep learning and statistical methods.
- Demonstrate that models generalize to unseen data using cross-validation techniques.
- Programme reproducible and testable code, to facilitate the deployment of models in a production environment.
- A postgraduate degree (Honours, Masters or PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, or similar
Reference Number for this position is ND43249-2019; this is a permanent opportunity based in Gardens, Cape Town offering a salary of R650K - R750k per annum CTC, negotiable on experience. Contact Nicole on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!