The country’s largest media and broadcasting house is looking for innovative, driven Data Scientists to join their team. The roles focus is to design, develop, maintain and support projects using a variety of Big Data/Data Science technologies. Great company culture and benefits on offer.
- Knowledge and experience building massively scalable systems
- Knowledge and experience working with high volumes of data (beneficial)
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile methodologies (beneficial)4+ years practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics. SAS is a non-negotiable.
- Beneficial: NodeJS
- Required: MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra
- Beneficial: HDFS, Hadoop, Hbase
- Required: Data Science, AI & ML experience
- Required: Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Required: Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Beneficial: Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Beneficial: Tensorflow, Keras, Spark, Mahout, Storm, Docker, third party Analytics platforms
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Developing real-time reports, dashboards and visualizations
Reference Number for this position is MH42093 which is a permanent role based in Johannesburg North, offering up to R960k per annum based on experience, skillset and current level. Contact michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org, at www . e-merge . co . za or call her on 011 463 3633
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!