This is your opportunity to join the insurance division of a major South African banking institution. As part of an elite team of data specialists, working with technologies such as Python, R and Matlab, you’ll develop best-in-class, next generation solutions by applying your expertise in machine learning, data mining and information retrieval.
The role will be based in Sandton, but working arrangements are flexible during the crisis. In this role, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being an employee of a big bank including great incentive structures and preferential rates on financial products.
- Degree in Computer Science OR Actuarial Science OR Mathematics OR Statistics OR similar / relevant tertiary level qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Analysis / Data Science / Statistical Analysis focused roles.
Deep knowledge of:
- Machine Learning
- Statistics / Statistical Analysis
- Data Science models, features and Algorithms such as term frequency-inverse document frequency (TF-IDF) and Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA).
- Multiple classification algorithms (K-Neighbours classifier, SVC, Gaussian Process Classifier, Decision Trees, Random Forest Classifier, AdaBoost MLP Classifier), convolutional neural network (CNN) and extreme learning machine (ELM), alexnet.
Essential Tech Skills:
- Cloud Technologies (AWS OR Azure OR Google Cloud)
- Big Data / Distributed Computing Tools – Hadoop; MapReduce; Hive; Spark…)
- Java; C; C++
Reference Number for this position is CN50081 which is a Permanent position based in Sandton offering an annual cost to company salary of R850k – R950k negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Craig Nel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!