Cool gig going for someone with DS experience from a Tech Engineering background.
This is advanced analytics within a core part of a Bank. This Bank, in particular, is spending massive amounts of money on Tech, ML, and DL & BD in general.
They’re looking for a senior person who has worked VLDB Data Sciences; has built the Tech Frameworks (or similar) to supply Analytics; has an appreciation of both the Data & the Structure of the Tech & has the professional wisdom to act in a SME capacity within the Bank.
Your clients internally will include Quants, Actuaries, Traders, and Execs mostly…
We are hoping to find people who:
- Understand the theory of Data Sciences, have practically implemented that theory but also enjoy the Technology innovation aspects of that implementation
- Have probably been commercially coding/modeling for 10 years plus
- Have been involved in DS & DE for at least the last 2 years
- Have deep interests in tech like Python, R, SAS or similar OR
- Can show deep knowledge in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data science and/or Data Engineering
This role is an SME role meaning that part of your job will be conceptual guidance; however this is not a whiteboard function, you will be actively involved in hands-on production. You will also find yourself bolstering a skilled leadership team responsible for guiding some talented, enthusiastic but young Engineers.
Pop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is of interest
Reference Number for this position is JP40179 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a salary of 840k – 960k based on experience.