We are entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.
As a Data Science Team Lead, you will lead a world-class team of data and machine-learning experts as we build predictive models that solve real problems for the business, both for our customers and internal stakeholders.
Does this sound like you?
- Masters / Honours degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics.
- 5+ years leading large and medium project teams in a combination of project lead,
- business analyst and self-directed contributing member roles.
- Extensive experience with Data Visualisations using R, Python or Java-based visual
- studios and preferably Power BI or Qlik View.
- Strong understanding of predictive/analytical modelling techniques, theories, principles,
- and practices.
Expectations of the role:
- Lead a team of quantitative modellers and data scientists in the organisation to identify data relevant for analysis.
- Develop hypotheses, find datasets, design models, write code, run queries.
- Conduct extensive research work to develop and bespoke code for the development of data models for analytics, modelling architectures, modelling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
- Apply data quality standards and adhere to change process requirements
So, what are you waiting for? This is your chance to join a growing company at an exciting time in our history.
Reference Number for this position is KB49593 which is a Permanent position based in Midrand offering a cost to company salary of R600k – R650k Per Annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!