This role is for a global investment group built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology.
As a Data Engineer, you must be an expert in SQL development further providing support to the Data and Analytics in database design, data flow and analysis activities. This position also plays a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing.
Your skills and talents:
- Degree in Computer Sciences / Btech in Engineering or related.
- 5-8 years of an application and data engineering background.
- SQL, Power BI, No-Sql, Python.
- Skilled in IT Data Analysis, Data Security, Database Knowledge & Monitoring.
- Experience gained in Insurance and Investments is highly advantageous.
- Working with big data tools is highly advantageous.
- Using a structured approach to problem solving and delivery.
- Create design standards, patterns, and principles.
- Data management, developing and modelling.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, data scientists, business analysts, data engineers and solution architects.
Reference Number for this position is KB49459 which is a Permanent position based in Western Cape offering a cost to company salary of R500k – R600k Per Annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on KavishaB@e-merge.co.za
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!