An awesome opportunity for an awesome Lead Data Engineer is ready for the taking!
A strategic thinker is needed to expand and optimise the organisations data and data pipeline architecture, whilst optimising data flow and collection to ultimately support data initiatives for an award-winning corporate Bank.
APPLY TODAY and grow your skills exponentially!
- Post Graduate Degree/ Master’s Degree in Information Technology/ Information Studies
- 8 years total number of years’ experience
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Reference Number for this position is SM51495 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a cost to company salary of up to R900k - R1mil negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Sifiso Mthombeni on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!