Join a data team of high-functioning analytics experts as a Big Data Engineer.
You will work remotely with large scale data processing systems that collects data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, stores data in a scale-out data lake and prepare the data using ELT techniques in preparation for the data science data exploration and analytic modelling.
Do you tick the boxes?
- Bachelor's degree in Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, or related field + Certifications in Big Data Science.
- Master's degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
- 4+ years proven work experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Working knowledge of AWS: S3, EC2, RDS, Redshift, Lambdas, CloudWatch, Python, Jenkins, Github, Terraform.
Overview of the role:
- Tasked with managing and organizing data, while also keeping an eye out for trends or inconsistencies that will impact business goals.
- Applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our sales processes.
- Preparing raw data for manipulation by Data Scientists.
Reference Number for this position is KB49590 which is a Remote Working position offering a cost to company salary of R850k – R950k PA negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on email@example.com to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!