Be part of the next generation data & analytics team driving data intelligence within a banking business unit by supporting and maintaining the data warehouse in line with the data model; metadata repository and to provide business intelligence analysis through performing strategic and operational support.
To be successful as a Business Intelligence Analyst, you should have a passion for data and a highly analytical mind.
- Diploma / Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Certified as a Data Management Professional (CDMP) will be highly advantageous
- 6 years of experience in BI/MI Data Analytics / Data modelling
- Familiarity with BI technologies Power BI, MicroStrategy
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL queries (SQL Server, Netezza, DashDB), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework (SSIS, SSAS, Ab Initio, Denodo)
- Building new data sets and data structures as required to support business needs
- Translate requirements into technical specifications & help identify and assess potential data sources
- Validate metadata models with control and operational data
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
- Coordinate prototype review & gather prototype feedback
- Assist Analysts to analyse, innovate, and provide analytics on significant amounts of data to support company initiatives
Reference Number for this position is KB50511 which is a Permanent position based in JHB North offering a cost to company salary of R500k – R600k Per Annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on KavishaB@e-merge.co.za
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!