If you’re strong enough, they’ll pay you what you are worth.
This one is simple, if you know the answers already. Your job is going to be driving design, delivery & execution in one of the largest transformational sites in Africa right now.
You will lead teams of between 15 and 20 people; they’re mixed across business & tech but you will play the “go to” person role on the technical side.
The job will include architecture / design; delivery management; QA. Your role will allow you a mix of strategic thought, technical management as well as some development. In fact, many of the people I have placed in these roles before are Executives bored in their operational roles wanting more hands on work again.
The spec has variables to it:
- You’re not a baby. You’ve paid your school fees & you bear both those wins as well as those scars. You want to leverage that experience to help an enterprise change its stripes.
- You know a few things about software engineering; you’ve worked what is described as “digital” these days (effectively large transactional or consumer browser based platforms).
- You are technical – you may not be coding as much as you did but you know how to get a dev’s attention & you know how to help them be effective
- You’re not scared of building the plane as you fly it. This environment is in R&D as much as it is production. You will throw around new concepts & tooling
The tech they would like you to know ideally:
- You & I both know that much of this can be learned quickly. We don’t need you to be a guru in everything but we do need you to be educated enough to hit production quickly
- .NET Core
- API or Micro services architecture – Containers / Docker
- Devops concepts – Kubernetes
- Cloud – Azure or any of the competitive brands.
- Security – Authentication (Oauth) / Encryption concepts
As mentioned, rates are flexible & not in the usual 10% more than you’re earning now route. Client have committed to making honest calls on value, we’ve had a few examples where we have achieved significant rates for high level people.
They will consider you on either contract or perm. Contract will run through a labour broker; Permanent comes with banking benefits, lots of leave, medical & pension.
Send me your CV, Github account, LinkedIn profile or any other “marketing document” that gives me an idea of what you’ve achieved. I’ll happily chat with you in confidence.
Perm contract – Neg rates it’s easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn on 011 463 3633, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP43380 which is a permanent position based in Sandton offering a salary negotiable on experience.
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”