Are you passionate about bringing blockchain to the masses? Do you want to help build open source software that millions of people will use? Are you excited to implement cutting-edge blockchain technologies like Mimblewimble and Lightning Network? Do you check your ego at the door and fight for the best idea regardless of where it came from? If so, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- 3+ years developing Android applications (5+ years preferred)
- Published one or more applications to the Google Play app store with stellar reviews
- Expert knowledge of Gradle, Android SDK, and dependency injection as well as Android Studio and supporting tools such as Junit, SQLite
- A passion for the Android platform - you consider it the best, use it yourself, and want to make beautiful apps for it
- Customer focused mindset, taking pride in creating an informative data-driven journey
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with unit testing
- Proficient with git
- Organized, ability to be self-managed and able to collaborate across team
- Agile / SCRUM experience preferred
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial quick learner that’s self-directed and want to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics (NQF 7 or Higher) from a recognized university
- Architect our Android app from scratch, contributing to all aspects of development and improvement of our applications over time
- Integrate with Server Side APIs that facilitates cryptocurrency transactions on the blockchain
- Conduct early project scoping and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Test, debug and maintain the application software throughout the product lifecycle Implement best practices in all areas of software development
- Provide appropriate unit tests for all code
- Assist in functional test automation
- Participate in requirements gathering and refinement
- Provide support for applications
- Participate in team and peer improvement plans
- Use your expert knowledge of native Android languages and frameworks, such as Java, as well as MVVM and MVP design patterns, to ship high-quality code each and every day
What's in it for you?
- Highly Competitive compensation
- Your own office, we don’t believe in cramming people into open-plan “spaces”
- Benefits you won’t get anywhere else, including a free chauffeur service to and from the office
- High-end, high-performance laptops, plus all the tech you could ever desire
- Work with internationally acclaimed cryptocurrency experts and developers
- Opportunities to attend, and even speak at local and international conferences
- A chance to work on an open-source system that will have a global impact
It’s easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre-vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP41814 which is a permanent position based in Johannesburg offering a salary negotiable on experience.