This role is to be the UX champion in a number of agile teams. You will be responsible to design interfaces for new features and applications on PC, web and mobile as well as improving existing ones. You will work with the Product Management team, developers, graphic designer and Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse customer behaviours that will inform the design of key product features.
- Create prototypes for usability testing and design discussions.
- Conduct user research and testing; perform competitive audits and market research - and then convert findings into design decisions.
- Provide insight into best principles and design trends.
- Design the interaction behaviour for new features using workflows, wireframes etc
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in design, psychology, marketing or engineering
- UX design certificate or diploma or relevant experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in UX design for software and web applications
- Exceptional design skills and attention to detail
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Experience in prototyping and usability testing
- Creative mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify good design when you see it
- Design portfolio
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good organisational and time management skills
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Reference Number for this position is LV40019-2017 which is a permanent position based in Western Cape (Somerset West) offering a salary is negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”