This opportunity will allow you to gain experience in the complex world of payments and payment gateways. The business require a Senior Java developer who is strong on Java 8 and Java EE 7 with a minimum of 7 Years Java development experience. As this is a senior role, the opportunity will allow you to grow and gain experience mentoring and working with Junior Developers
You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of in-house software applications and components. Sharing of knowledge and experience with the rest of the development team
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for a person who is self-driven, takes initiatives and has a structured way of thinking, someone who enjoys pressure and doesn’t crumble under challenges!
- Bsc Degree in computer science, information technology or related discipline
- Sun/Oracle Java and Java EE Certification(s)
- Minimum of 7 to 9 years relevant development experience
- Banking/Financial/Paycard Industry experience – advantage
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Java 8, Java EE 7
- Strong experience and knowledge working with JBoss/Wildfly
- Experience participating in code reviews and design sessions
- Experience and knowledge of Java Design Patterns
- Experience working in Agile team
Technical Skills Required:
- JSF 2.2
- Ionic Cordova
- Spring Framework
- JSF 2.2
- Oracle, Postgres
- Docker will be beneficial
- ISO 8583 will be beneficial
- EMV will be beneficial
- Support existing and develop new functionality and components
- Understand existing functionality and work with business to refine and implement new requirements
- Refactor and improve code to keep product maintainable and adaptable to new requirements
- Work effectively in a team environment and follow software development processes and standards
- Evaluate and improve application performance, and high availability features
- Create unit and integrated system tests to show that the developed functionality works as intended.
- Create technical documentation that explains how the various components of the system work and how to use them.
- Do root cause analysis on bugs and fix them
- Build and deploy the system on an application server
- Communicate with business and support regarding bugs and queries
Reference Number for this position is GZ43077 which is a permanent position based in Bryanston offering a cost to company salary of R105K pm negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!