A company focused on the future of software and social impact. By addressing their clients most complex issues they seek to impact society positively with technology. They work with a wide range of industries like manufacturing, retail and agriculture and need a Lead Data Scientist on board to assist with creating advanced analytical models using stats. An ego free culture where your talent is valued. An amazing opportunity to work flexibly while focusing on what you are passionate about.
- The candidate will be required to design effective experiments in business and social environments
- Represent the company in various online and offline forums and events
- Must understand how to harvest effective data from lots of sources
- Apply an agile delivery process
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Spark
Technology required for this role;
- Programming skills in languages like Python and R is required for this role
- Strong algorithmic problem solving skills
- Nice to have skills are Tensorflow, relational databases, NoSQL and visual techniques, knowledge and experience
- Good consulting skills in communicating complicated technical and analytical information to a non-technical audience
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills
- PhD/MS or equivalent in Applied Mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science
- Minimum of 6+ years total experience to include 3+ years of commercial experience
- Knowledge of advanced analytics methods such as Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Inference, Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulations and more.
The reference Number for this position is SS48408. It’s a permanent position based in Centurion offering a salary of R600k to R900k per annum cost to company, negotiable based on experience and current level. Please contact Sameeha on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website for more great positions
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!