A Leading scientific and technology research organization is on the hunt for an Online Education Team Leader to join their Development Team based in Pretoria. The successful incumbent will be responsible for strategic planning, technical leadership, budgeting and forecasting, as well as resource allocation and management for all business activities related to developing, maturing and supporting advanced ICT services to leverage the network infrastructure provided by the business both locally and internationally. This role requires someone with lots of experience and exposure to scientific and high-performance computing. If you are looking for a challenge that will take you places with your career, then the time for change is NOW!! Start the New Year with a bang!!
- Master’s degree in computer/electronic engineering or computer science or related fields
- At least 10 Years’ experience, of which three years should include the following:
- Software development/programming in at least two of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, Python, Perl
- Network engineering in the NREN domain
- Leading a technical team
- Network connectivity and ICT services provisioning in the university sector
- ICT services design and software development project management process
- Administration of production server platforms and operating systems (Linux/UNIX) and high capacity storage.
- Exposure to scientific and high-performance computing;
- Experience with direct client interaction and stakeholder management, e.g. gathering requirements, continuous service improvement;
- Professional registration with relevant bodies, e.g. Professional Engineer with the
- Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- Cisco Certification an added advantage
- Develop strategic and tactical plans for growing the advanced ICT services portfolio to leverage the broadband capacity
- Develop technology strategy that will enable the business to remain relevant and aligned to the latest developments globally
- Achieve high-level services development and incubation related technical decisions, taking into account the current (and anticipated) needs of the research and education beneficiaries
- Develop and manage the team in performance management, training and development, conflict resolution, etc.
- Represent the business in local and international ICT services development focussed forums
- Manage stakeholders and take a leading role in engagements related to project implementation with end-user communities and beneficiary ICT departments;
- Mentor, coach technical staff and ensure succession planning is in place
Reference Number for this position is GZ39622-2017 which is a permanent position based in Pretoria offering a cost to company salary of R1.15 Million pa negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”