A new opportunity has presented itself at one of the major broadcasting and media houses in the country. They require a Principal Data Scientist to join their energetic team. Candidates needs to Code using R and Python and need to do the Data Extraction and Data Cleaning themselves. Consulting experience is a must have.
- Post Graduate Degree in Business and Quantitative field (Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science with emphasis in Statistics)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant data experience and experience building segmentation and propensity models
- Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, forecasting and business strategy skills
- Able to program in different programming languages e.g. Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL.
- Have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI is an added advantage
- Proficiency working with visualisation tools e.g. R Shiny, Tableau etc.
- Consulting experience
- To identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic & operational insights to business.
- Identify new analytic trends/ data needs and repeatable analytic solutions.
Reference Number for this position is MH42233 which is a permanent role based in Johannesburg, offering up to R1.5mill per annum based on experience, skillset and current level. Contact michelle on firstname.lastname@example.org, at www . e-merge . co . za or call her on 011 463 3633
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!