SQL Developer role – Start up – Parktown – R800k/R900k per annum
We have a rare role for SQL Developers wanting to build new architecture from scratch. Your employer is a start-up, moving towards scale up.
We have an MVP being built for one of the Banks. Your role will be to build the operational BI platforms & then to transform those platforms further. Your goal will be twofold, you will be actively “manipulating” data as well as building the structures needed to produce that data.
Your target data will be based on human behaviour; with your target client being enterprise business (in this case mostly a Bank).
It’s one of those rare gems where you’re not walking into a big team, working on someone else’s platform. You & your boss will be building this from scratch – perhaps with some help from their application development team.
The background we need from you:
- Deep experience in SQL Server – you’ve built large scale DB & EDW over the years
- Your T-SQL skills are as sharp as your SSAS / SSIS & to a lesser degree SSRS
- You are used to playing a consultative hand in business – you are not just a mindless beast of burden
- Ralph Kimbell. Dimensional structures
- In memory experience vital
It would be very useful if you knew a few things about:
- Azure – CosmoDB especially
- Data lakes in general
- Data analysis. Advanced analytics
Send a copy of your CV through to Jason Pretorius on email@example.com
Otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn on 011 463 3633, she will schedule a time for us to chat
Reference Number for this position is JP42741 which is a permanent position based in Parktown offering a salary negotiable on experience.