Senior Software Engineer – Data Engineering – Sandton – Neg between R900k & R1.2m per annum
Off the charts role. Client is one of the major spenders on tech in SA right now. One of their core strategies is Data Engineering.
The team is smallish right now; it has a distinct international feel to it but they need to expand.
This role is focused on building tools/frameworks for business to use NOT maintaining someone else’s architecture.
The people we need will ideally:
- Come from a Data Engineering background OR computationally advanced Functional coding background with a personal passion for DE
- 10 years plus experience
- Comp Sci and Mathematically gifted
- Demonstrable interest in Data Engineering at least
Technically they’d prefer some knowledge of:
- Scala, Spark & Kafka on Hadoop
- They will consider people with limited commercial exposure but strong private research who:
- Are Polygot professional Developers – Agnostic tech mentality
- Simple software bores you. You have chased complex tech through your career
- High intelligence, Capable of producing computationally advanced software
- C# / C++ / Java / Perl / Python OR F# / Haskell / Scala / Clojure etc
Rates are genuinely negotiable based on the experience, skills and ability you bring to bear.
I’m happy to have a confidential chat if this sounds of interest but you want to know more – the best way to get me is to pop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the subject line.
Reference Number for this position is JP39550 which is a permanent position based in JHB offering a salary of up to R1.2 mil per annum negotiable on experience.