You’re pretty confident in your ability to build large, complex software. You believe in concepts like OO through DDD – even if you are a little rusty and need reminding.
Patterns based project work – no running around at midnight because someone’s half-arsed work has fallen over.
Merit-based pay – you’re not going to have to beg or leave to be able to afford to live.
Stable – big reputation. Lots of project work. Even in bad economies, they have the facility to help you grow.
Tech – they need very little excuse to push new tech. The size of their projects means there’s always going to be some legacy but never in isolation.
You’re going to find yourself:
- Collaboratively working on projects where your team owns the concepts
- You will contribute to the solutioning, design and code. Of course, QA always comes into it
- You’ll find yourself working with intelligent, well trained people
- You’ll see opportunities to grow both your tech skills as well as your softer project skills
What do they need from you:
- You like the concepts of Patterns. OOP & DDD are both concepts you are familiar with
- Your knowledge of C# is pretty good. We don’t need “Rockstar” but we do need the confidence to know how to solve a problem or figure it out
- We can talk to Backend, more Front End or Full Stack developers
- You do need at least a solid grasp of SQL concepts (dev) though
- Your projects will start out in the C# world
- You will have access to both web – ASP.NET MVC, Web Api and
- Backend – Services, Rest, WCF
- If you’ve worked on some modern SPA you have that option as well – Angular mainly
- You will likely have the full scope of project & will spend time building either SQL Server or NoSQL DB
- There’s a good chance that you will also jump into the Cloud – Azure or Amazon / AWS
In summary: I can give you options if you are a C# developer with OO skills. Positive responses will come whatever your angle of attack – C# front end using Angular; C# back-end using REST and SQL or if you’re comfortable across the stack (Full Stack).
The client will talk to slightly more Junior people as well. Keep in mind though that any offers they make you will be merit-based, the salary quoted on this ad is the max they will go for now.
It’s easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre-vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP37727 which is a permanent position based in JHB offering a salary of up to R850k per annum negotiable on experience.