Architect / Tech lead / Product Owner – Johannesburg – high rates on offer
This is a very good role for a senior technologist who wants to call the shots rather than be constrained by the predecessor’s legacy.
A very well-funded, huge potential scale-up is starting to look for the person capable of taking their MVP to Enterprise.
You’ll find a ton of cool stuff here
The execs mentality is “hire clever people & let them tell you what to do”. They want you to own the platform, they do not want to prescribe to you.
You’re going to be working on tech that already has a huge demand across South Africa. The current investors believe they’ve got a game changer; evidently so do a number of big-name potential investors.
You’re going to build a team around you. While you are doing that, you get to manage the current 3rd parties doing the base work.
You’ll drive both the tech strategy but still be able to get your hands dirty in the code for as long as you want to.
There’s very little politics. You’re not going to find yourself navigating the perils of a big shop.
You will have a direct line to the people with the chequebook; they’ll always at worst listen.
The tech is basic atm:
- They are pushing their Mobile platforms into Cordova but they’ll want you to replace that.
The picture in their mind:
- You are a veteran. Still, hands-on but have played high influence technology roles perhaps as a Chief Architect, Development Manager or CTO elsewhere
- You’ve burnt your fingers a few times – in fact, this role is a good example of something you’d like to do. Take the mistakes of the past and fix them
- You are also familiar with Browser-based mobile builds
- We’d like you to have some Azure knowledge but they’re not at scale yet, so lightweight entry-level knowledge will do
- You’ve led people, led projects and driven concepts before
- You have the patience to deal with 3rd parties while you build your own team
- Ideally, you have worked product before
Rates are negotiable. They’re not going to try to lowball you with some crazy idea about taking less home with the promise of shares that may or may not be beneficial to you.
The only reason rates are not listed on this is because we’re more worried about finding the right person than haggling over a couple of hundred thousand Rand per annum.
Send a copy of your CV through to Jason Pretorius on firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn on 011 463 3633, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP42350 which is a permanent position based in Pretoria offering a salary negotiable on experience.